Linggo, Mayo 11, 2014

Basilica del Sto.Nino Photodiary



Follow my blog with Bloglovin






When  I am always in Cebu City I always visits this wonderful, historical place. It is one of my favorite place on Earth. When I am here I find peace and harmony, I feel the holiness of this place. Lot of devotees will come here to pray, to give thanks and to visit this historical place.











I always feel the Spanish vibe here because of these beautiful Spanish Architecture, This Basilica is one of the oldest church here in the Philippines. Way back in the history of the country, the Spanish conquistadors conquered the country in more than 300 years ago. the spot of the church where they found the image of the child Jesus. According to my bestfriend Wikipedia, a statue depicting the Holy Child Jesus was found in 1565 by Spanish explorers led by Miguel Lopez de Legazpi. The image is the same statue given by Ferdinand Magellan to the wife of Rajah Humabon as a gift over forty years after Humabon's baptism to Christianity on April 14, 1521. It was found by a soldier preserved in a burnt wooden box after Legazpi razed the village of hostile natives.







There are a lot of tourists coming here in Cebu City and always in their itinerary is to visit the basilica.



  But sadly, due to the earthquake hit the province last year the belfry and the facade of the church was collapsed and the church is still closed.











Even if the church is still closed, there are some parts of the church are open for the devotees and tourists. You really feel the Spanish vibe here, really like the architecture very much I feel like Im in a Spanish City. Upon entering you will see paintings depicting how the Christianity introduced by the Spanish missionaries/conquistadors here to the natives.Until now there are a lot of  people coming here to show their love and devotion to the Child Jesus.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento